COVID-19: We are temporarily unable to operate Dolphin Encounter Tours, we are accepting bookings for tours scheduled from 1st October 2020.
We are pleased to temporarily offer an alternative our NEW COASTAL ENCOUNTER TOUR :
- This two hour tour takes you out into Kaikoura’s beautiful blue backyard. Join our friendly crew aboard to learn about our unique marine environment. Enjoy great photographic opportunities along the stunning scenic coastline and against the Kaikoura Seaward Range mountain backdrop. The journey will encounter some of the wildlife Kaikoura is famous for, and may include dolphins, NZ Fur Seals, albatross and other pelagic birds.
- Our priority is the safety and wellbeing of our guests and our team and we will be complying with public health guidelines. We thank you for your patience and understanding whilst we undertake the extra measures required to do this.
- We are reducing the number of passengers we welcome aboard each tour to ensure there is space for all participants to maintain appropriate social distance. We are also adding extra measures to our vessel and equipment cleaning and disinfection procedures. Hand sanitiser will be available on board and you are welcome to bring your own along too.
- Encounter Kaikoura requires that all passengers consider themselves medically fit to be able to participate in a tour.
- If any customers are feeling unwell or displaying any symptoms of being unwell, the crew reserve the right to refuse passage and in this instance a full refund will be given.
- All passengers must comply with instructions given by the crew and maintain distancing from their immediate group as required by current government guidelines.
- We will not be supplying refreshments on board but customers are welcome to bring their own food and beverage (alcohol excluded).
Depending on customer support, we hope to continue to offer this temporary tour initially every weekend, subject to both weather and minimum numbers, until such time as we can resume our normal tour operation.
Weekend Coastal Encounter departures can be booked online now subject to availability.
We can also schedule both private charters and additional standard Coastal Encounter tour departures for a minimum group size or minimum operating fare, Please email email@example.com to book these options and with any queries and for more information.
DOLPHIN SWIMMING RECOMMENCING FROM 1st OCTOBER 2020
Swimming with dolphins is a unique and sought after activity often being described as a life-changing experience; creating the most special and heart-warming memories of any activity.
There is a limit of just 16 swimmers on each vessel with plenty of additional space for watching. We have three dolphin swimming vessels and are able to operate up to three tours per day. Please book your dolphin swim seats as soon as you can. There is no shortage of seats available for watching the dolphins so advance bookings for watching is not so essential. Both swimmers and watchers travel on the same boat.
Please book as far in advance as possible to avoid disappointment.
Find information and tips on how to prepare for your tour.
What do others say about their encounter?
""Bestest boat experience ever.""
""The highlight of our whole trip to New Zealand.""
When you encouter the dolphins, you leave transformed. Share the experience.
Photos and videos from previous tours!
Protect our very special environment.
Fantastic Local Fare
Coffee and dining at our café, right on the waterfront